Sign in to follow this  
MiccaMarkovic

Job or internship in real data newsroom

Dear colleagues, may I ask for one other advice or help? I think I'm a pretty skilled data journalist, in terms of experience in traditional journalism and coding skills needed for practice DJ. But, missing part is experience or internship in real data journalism newsroom. I tried with some international workshops but that are pretty basic kinds of stuff mostly for the people without any coding experience. So, if someone has suggestions or can connect me with newsrooms were willed to give me a chance someone, I would be more than grateful. Speaking about my skills and education, I graduated in journalism and political science and after more than a decade as journalist and editor in print and digital media became interested in interactive storytelling and data and computational journalism. My programming skills are mostly based in Python, same part JavaScript and I have basics of SQL and NoSQL. I prefer more data part (mining, engineering...) then visuals, but I can find self also in challenging visuals.

My resume with interactive links is in the attachment. 

Thanks!

resume.pdf