Letizia Gambini

Ethical dilemmas: share your experience!

For the next edition of Conversations with data, a topic that all journalists will be familiar with: ethical dilemmas. Whether it’s concerns about the privacy of individuals in a dataset, biased data, or potentially misleading conclusions, we want to hear from you. Share the dilemmas you’ve faced, so that others won’t have to.

Deadline: Friday 3 May.

I want to reveal details of a police program because I believe in transparency, but the people behind the program say that I shouldn't because it would jeopardize the program's effectiveness.

Thanks for sharing @zpgoldstein -- it's always difficult to balance the public interest in transparency and the public interest in ensuring the effectiveness of enforcement programs. Have you worked out a solution yet?

Although submissions for this newsletter are now closed, we'll be using this thread to continue discussing ethical questions. Does anyone have any thoughts to share with @zpgoldstein